Today's Verse - Psalm 1:1-2 (KJV)

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

—Psalm 1:1-2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Delight! Ah, what a wonderful word and an even more meaningful experience. But do you find delight in the truth and law of the LORD? What holy things of the Father in heaven hold your thoughts throughout the day? Why not join me in putting more of God's word into your head through memorization and hiding it in your heart through prayerful Bible contemplation? During those sleepless moments in the night, those restless concerns during traffic jams or lines, and those anxious moments waiting to see someone special or deal with something important, we can meditate on the words and truth of God. With the Holy Spirit's help, we can even find delight in what can be troublesome times!

My Prayer...​


Father in heaven, you are holy and righteous in all of your ways. I confess, dear LORD, that I do not always make the most of my thought time. I often let my mind drift away into areas I shouldn't explore. I will occasionally get too focused on inconsequential things. I allow my thoughts to drift into anxious worries about things I cannot control. I want my mind and heart to be tuned by the Holy Spirit to your truth by using your Word to help me know your will and find your way to your peace. Give me true wisdom, enlightened by your Spirit, to see, know, absorb, and contemplate the things closest to your heart and found in your holy Scriptures. In Jesus' name, I ask this. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. —Psalm 121:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a world of startling beauty and a universe of dazzling diversity, our hearts are to be drawn back to the One who...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. —Psalm 116:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Understanding the LORD's love, presence, and nearness should lead us to serve him...
Replies
0
Views
81
  • Article Article
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. —Psalm 19:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's voice is always speaking through his creation. His witnesses give testimony to his glory...
Replies
0
Views
79
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,581
Messages
16,801,027
Members
650,106
Latest member
Elmidoth

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom