Today's Verse - John 8:24 (KJV)

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

—John 8:24 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


The crucial phrase in Scripture, somewhat disguised by our translations, is: "Unless you believe that I AM, then you will indeed die in your sins." As John so often does, he grabs a simple phrase, fills it full to the brim with meaning, and leads us to see Jesus in a dramatically fresh way. Jesus is I AM (Exodus 3:13-14 — See Jesus' seven "I AM" statements in John's gospel.) Jesus is God with us in human flesh (John 1:14-18; Hebrews 1:1-3). How could God love us so much and come to us as Immanuel, God with us? (Matthew 1:23) We can't fully grasp the depth of God's love, but we can surely believe, be humbled, rejoice, and choose to live to bring I AM, the LORD, the glory due him (Philippians 2:6-11).

My Prayer...​


Holy and Righteous God, thank you for Jesus. Thank you for all that Jesus is, all he did while on earth, and all he will do when he comes in his glory. I praise you and thank you for giving me confidence that because of Jesus, I will not die in my sins. I believe Jesus is "I AM" who inhabited human flesh. Even more, dear Father, thank you for the assurance that I will live with you forever when I die. All praise to the great I AM! Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. —John 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Truth is seen in...
Replies
0
Views
86
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
100
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. —John 6:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you believe in Jesus - not just "kinda believe" in Jesus, but do you really believe? Years ago, shortly after ### came back from his mission...
Replies
0
Views
86
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,404
Messages
16,810,925
Members
650,792
Latest member
Trloirath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom