And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted thither with his disciples.

—John 18:2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Judas knew where to find Jesus during this intense period of religious preparation. It was no secret that Jesus would pray together with his disciples in the garden. If we had someone who wanted to betray us, where would that person tell our enemies to find us? Would they know where we would go to be in prayer? Interesting questions, aren't they? Can you imagine a better compliment than our enemies knowing that they could find us in the place of prayer?

My Prayer...​


Forgive me, Father, for not joining you more faithfully in the precious time of prayer. I confess that I get busy, distracted, and regrettably disinterested in my prayer time with you. I am sorry. I am not sure why I approach this blessing as a discipline. I pray for your Spirit to create a burning in my heart that calls me joyfully to this grace of prayer. Your presence and concern are my sustaining source of hope. Thank you for always listening, even when I've been neglectful. In Jesus' name, I pray and thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
101
  • Article Article
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. —John 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Truth is seen in...
Replies
0
Views
95
  • Article Article
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. —John 15:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is much more than just a feeling. Love is action. Jesus told us as disciples, believers who seek to genuinely follow...
Replies
1
Views
162
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,998
Messages
16,817,689
Members
651,122
Latest member
Woereorroth

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom