Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed; To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!

—Isaiah 10:1-2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Absolute power corrupts completely by allowing us to have what we shouldn't, enabling us to forget where we came from, and leading us to ignore the cries of the oppressed. Absolute power corrupts because only God can handle full power and control! Our desire to have it is like Adam and Eve's sin- the lust to be God. True power, acceptable to the One with true absolute power, is used to bless the broken, lift the unfortunate, forgive the guilty, and assist the powerless. How do we know? God does those kinds of things!

My Prayer...​


Almighty and incomparable God, I don't want to spend my time positioning myself to have power over others. Please give me the grace, the ability, and the opportunity to bless others — not so I will feel superior or essential, but so that they will be blessed and you will be honored and praised. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. —Isaiah 43:11-12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Peter reminded us that we...
Replies
0
Views
54
  • Article Article
Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: —Isaiah 26:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When we see mountains, we can feel small and insignificant by comparison. We know they are not only much more massive than we are, but also have existed much longer...
Replies
0
Views
50
  • Article Article
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: —Isaiah 55:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Isaiah declares that God is always close to those who genuinely seek after him and call on him as their God. In fact, God is fully present as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...
Replies
0
Views
57
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,889
Messages
16,816,148
Members
651,059
Latest member
Fluira

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom