Today's Verse - Ephesians 5:3 (KJV)

But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints.

—Ephesians 5:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

"Not even a hint!" Hmmmm! Don't you wish it were true? The church I attend and the person I see most often in the mirror don't quite measure up to this directive. If sexual temptation doesn't get us, greed often does. In a culture of conspicuous consumption, greed concerns me more than the immorality and impurity. Not because I am unconcerned with impurity, but because we have become so calloused to our own greed. In this season of giving, let's honestly examine our hearts about our "wanting," "getting," and "possessing."

My Prayer...

Forgive me, generous LORD, for my selfishness and greed. Please give me a heart like yours. You demonstrated that heart when you shared your most precious gift with sinners like me. Now I am a child at your table and an heir of your inheritance. Thank you for your grace! Please, dear Lord, bless me with your Spirit who seeks to bring about a generous and gracious heart within me. In the name of the greatest gift of all, Jesus of Bethlehem, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
jZa0XmAW0eE


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: —Ephesians 5:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Our before and after: we were lost, now found; we were darkness, now light. This should be our journey of grace. "I once was lost, but now I'm found...
Replies
0
Views
79
  • Article Article
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, —Ephesians 5:25-26 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... For husbands, there is sacrificial love in our purpose with our wives...
Replies
0
Views
93
  • Article Article
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. —Ephesians 4:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The goal in Christian communication is not just clarity. The goal is not just to be...
Replies
0
Views
72
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,544
Messages
16,789,292
Members
649,108
Latest member
Freoran

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom